Wednesday 20 November 2013


Hey y'all! How's everyone doing? A year has just breezed by so fast and Christmas is not far off now! Is it just me or is time flying faster than the previous years? Because my naps seem a bit to short...

Anywhoo i hope you guys got your stuff sorted out for Christmas, what with buying gifts and all. And food. Turkey. I want turkey. I probably won't have any plans, maybe just go out and visit a few of my relatives or stay at home with the love and drink tea, along with snuggles, or we could watch a movie online. Ah well, who knows. 


Nothing much has been going on with me. Just the usual work routine and lazing around at home. Oh, i also managed to gain a few more students, so i'm quite happy with my salary eventhough it's not much to live on. I think i would really struggle financially if i'm not living with my parents. I would move out, but the price on property, even for a simple apartment or condo could easily go up to 500k. Ridiculous, huh? So i guess most of the generation my age still stick to living with their parents until they get a stable job and are able to support themselves. My goal is still to earn at least 5k a month, but that's still not enough. Oh well, there's a limit to how many students i can teach in a day. And i would need at least one day off to have time for myself and the people i love. 

I'm still taking piano, violin and flute classes. Focusing on piano and violin since i failed both. One, the piano examiner was a #@%$*, comments were excellent, but she failed me due to not fulfilling the time limit of the performance. What the heck. Violin? Well, i failed because...meh...my violin skills suck. At least now i am going through something like "extreme violin bootcamp for an hour non-stop on Thursdays", since the teacher is quite particular about getting the right sound quality. The skin on my finger tips are already peeling off. *cries*

I still have not strangled that rooster that lives in my neighbour's house. But i can guarantee you that its days are numbered. There's just so much i can take of it clucking and crowing at 4 freaking am. 

On a side note, it's been decided that my mom and I are going to England for vacation sometime next year!!! And if we're lucky and if i have saved enough money by that time, i will be able to take a trip down to Paris too! Time to learn up on my French! 

Speaking of travelling, lately i've been wanting to migrate away from Malaysia. Why? There's not much for me here. The country's getting more dangerous, even staying at home is risky because someone can just barge in, hack your head off with a machete and run off. But then, it's all the same anywhere, right? I know that very well, but a part of me just wishes to move away and start my life again far from here. And then i think of Los Angeles. I want to move to Los Angeles. I don't know why, i just have this really nagging feeling that i should move there. I can imagine myself getting a small apartment with a few hundred bucks for rent, walking around town, buying stuff to cook for dinner and maybe get a job there too. When i imagine life somewhere else, i'm like, huh...yeah that works too. Why not? 

I found myself looking through stuff about Los Angeles on Google. I could attend another music college to get my degree as well. 

If only...

But if there is nothing for me here, then i'll take my chances and move away. It'll be a good start. But first i gotta save up on the money!

Work's been fine as usual. Just a few students have not been practicing properly (or doing their homework for that matter), which brings me to raise my voice. I hate it, but it's my job. I can't let the parents ask why their kid is not progressing. I've done my part. The kids have to do their own too. If they don't like it, or refuse to do their work or listen to me, get lost. I am looking for obedient, responsible children. It's not my job to discipline you, given that i am your teacher, but if i have to , i will. If your parents won't, i will. I'm here to teach music and give you a few life lessons as well. 

Like don't fart in class, for example. If you need to, excuse yourself from the room. Gawd! 

It's stressful working with kids, but i actually enjoy it. When i first took up this career, i thought that maybe i wouldn't be able to handle it but i find it quite easy. Easy to communicate, since we don't have much of an age gap and kids like the cool stuff, so yeah. It's easy, but not easy to teach. 

I am pretty sure that some of my students are reading this. HAVE YOU DONE YOUR HOMEWORK? GO OFFLINE! 

I am still looking for another part time job, music related or something else. But being a waitress or a salesgirl is definitely out of the question. One, i hate serving people, and sales is not my thing. I went to business class in high school and most of the time, i was like...derp. The greatest thing would be me being offered a job overseas (America, maybe?), with a place to live and flexible work hours. 

So yes. These are the bits and pieces of my life recently. The urge to move to Los Angeles, and the feelings of being a music educator. Here's to the people who feel the same as i do. All i gotta say is, take your chances. You might not make it here, or maybe even there, but what's life without trying? 




~May Elle Rosette~


No comments:

Post a Comment